Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Daytona Beach Marine Science Center

Monday, June 9, 2014

Daytona Beach Marine Science Center


My mom happens to be from Daytona Beach, Florida.  Tough life I know.  I have loved to spend time there throughout my life, and we just got back from another great week.  Our favorite spots are right at the inlet, called Ponce Inlet for Ponce de Leon.  Our lighthouse is there, and also this new to me Marine Science Center.  If this had existed during the years we visited my grandparents , I would have spent most of my time here.  It is a small operation, I am sure carried by volunteers.  It is mostly a sea turtle rehabilitation center, but there are a few interactive exhibits to keep tourists busy during their visit.  We had a great time on a cloudy afternoon.  I am grateful to people that are willing to give so much time and energy to these endeavors.  It is worth a visit if you ever find yourself in the area.  And please climb the steps of my lighthouse at Ponce Inlet!













No comments:

Post a Comment