Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Online GPS Course this Saturday

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Online GPS Course this Saturday

So one of my favorite new resources is coming out of this NASA class I am taking.  Teachers from all over the country are sharing their backgrounds and connections with each other, and we have just added a place on our page to share events like this.  I know this is coming up in just 2 days, but I wanted to share anyway.  I might be able to fit it in myself.  How fun!  You know I like to letterbox, but I am not really confident using GPS in lesson plans.


Introduction to GPS (Grades 5-9)
Saturday November 12, 2011, 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. AZ (10:00 Eastern)
The Global Positioning System is an engaging educational tool for teaching students science, mathematics, and technology. This session will introduce teachers to the science behind GPS, will contain engaging activities including determining the size of the Earth, and will cover associated NASA resources to aid in teaching GPS to students. Presented by: Todd Ensign - NASA IV&V ERC This is an online workshop. You only need an internet connection and a computer with the capability to receive audio to participate. Email deveaus@erau.edu to register. Registered participants will receive login instructions via email prior to the workshop and a certificate of participation following the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment