Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: 21st Century Grant Teaching Day

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

21st Century Grant Teaching Day

The summer science fun continues as I spent some time with teachers and students in Twin Falls.  They have partnered with CSI to coordinate a summer school program full of STEM activities!    My topic for the day was FOOD so we focused on food chains, webs, energy transfers in an ecosystem, and my favorite...dissecting owl pellets!  The students were amazed to find so many bones in each pellet, and they better understood the role that predators play in the environment.  Thanks to a great team of CSI faculty that provided 2 weeks worth of science for these great kids!  Partnerships with K12 schools benefit kids of all ages and I am grateful to be involved. 




1 comment: