Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Migrant Summer School Visit

Monday, July 28, 2014

Migrant Summer School Visit

I love the opportunities I have to spend time with students in the summer.   One of my favorite visits is with the kids at the Migrant Summer School program.  The teachers are so good with the kids, and the kids love to learn in an informal setting. 

This past week we talked about how to do science outside outside.  We played my favorite I Spy game where students hide a picture of an animal in plain sight, and I have to find it.  We talk about camouflage and survival adaptations.    Then we made paper helicopters and talked about how nature has invented the coolest things...like maple seed samaras!

We learned about animals in their neighborhoods and school yards.  I love using the animal and plant card sets, and soon those sets will be available to teachers to buy from the CSI bookstore.


No comments:

Post a Comment