Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Miss Utah 2012, Kara Arnold, and her STEM platform

Monday, June 18, 2012

Miss Utah 2012, Kara Arnold, and her STEM platform

I have great family and friends that email and text me when they hear cool news about STEM.  I love this story, and it goes right along with the goal I have to spread the word about the significance and power of STEM initiatives.

On Saturday night, the new Miss Utah was crowned.  So?  Well, I will let the news article explain...

"Arnold, who recently graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in biochemistry, will represent Utah throughout the year and at the Miss America pageant in January 2013. She will also receive a $10,000 scholarship, serve as a representative of the Children's Miracle Network, and promote her personal platform, "Discover Your Potential — Step Up with STEM." STEM stands for science, technology, engineering and mathematics, and Arnold's platform focuses on encouraging women to explore opportunities in those fields."

How cool is that?  I will have to see if she travels to Southern Idaho for school visits!   Way to get the message out, Ms. Arnold!  Oh, how I hope your talent was a science experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment