Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: All this talk about Vaccines!

Thursday, March 26, 2020

All this talk about Vaccines!

When I returned to the college Biology classroom about 12 years ago, I went searching for reliable and thorough online teaching resources.  I found Goldie's Room!  Mr. Goldberg is a high school teacher based in New York and his website was and still is AWESOME.   So when I realized last week that my own kids have probably not heard all the stories about the heroes that discovered how to combat infectious diseases by developing vaccines, I knew Goldie's Room would have some great resources.  I have been using his Video Archives for years, especially because it's a great collection of Bill Nye videos.

So check out his class notes and lecture sets and videos...I  recommend them to any student in advanced life science classes.

If you scroll down to the video titled Vaccinations, Bill Nye will explain the work of Edward Jenners in the late 1700s when he discovered an effective therapy for Smallpox.  Vaccines save lives, and I am grateful for the countless researchers who are working around the clock to find solutions to the COVID 19 Coronavirus.

http://www.goldiesroom.org/

And if you want to watch all the Greatest Discoveries episodes, they are available on YouTube and divided by scientific categories.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpZlbSosECWWChD7sK-BkIGLfUfRnqcsI


No comments:

Post a Comment