Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Kool Aid Play Dough and Squishy Circuits

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Kool Aid Play Dough and Squishy Circuits

When my kids were little, I was taught by amazing friends how to make cool things in the kitchen.  Frankly, that has continued for 20 years.  But one of my favorite recipes was Kool Aid playdough.  We would make huge batches in a variety of colors/flavors, then play an adapted game of Pictionary using the clay to make the words.   You can find recipes online, so I am including my original recipe card because it brings me joy!


Now I make different clay recipes for science/circuitry activities because of Squishy Circuits.  I have posted about that resource before, and the tools and products are way more extensive now, but the fundamental ideas are the same.  Kids can learn about currents and energy using homemade playdough.   Check out their website!   This science activity is a hit with all ages!

"Good energy is contagious"





https://squishycircuits.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment