Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: NY Times article and MORE outreach

Friday, October 21, 2011

NY Times article and MORE outreach

Thanks to my parents who read the WSJ and NY Times daily, I get the best science articles sent to me.  This one is just another reminder that our job as STEM educators, regardless of the age of students we teach, is critical to prepare young adults for a more challenging work environment.  As parents, our job is to encourage our students to take the harder classes and look for opportunities outside of the classroom to explore STEM and other technical experiences.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/the-rising-value-of-a-science-degree/

Also today, President Obama recognized 12 scientists for their discoveries...one from the Univ of UT...
http://desne.ws/r1LXz5

Today I am spending my time with junior high students who are taking an elective course called Science and Technology.  Along with the required classes in Life, Earth, and Physical sciences, these students are problem solving with technology.  Very cool, Mrs. G!

No comments:

Post a Comment