Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Earthquake Structures and Squishy Circuits

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Earthquake Structures and Squishy Circuits

I have spent the week at my favorite junior high in Idaho.  :)   Teachers and students are busy with labs and projects and yearbooks and lessons and reports.  I had the opportunity to make squishy circuit play dough with one class, and then build the circuits with another class.  In yet another class, we built structures with clay and straws and tested them on homemade earthquake shaking platforms.  On Friday, I will return and add a strength test to their structures using a lesson plan I picked up from my friends at iSTEM.  It has been a great week, and I wanted to share some pictures.  One girl said, "This is SO awesome!"  when she was building her squishy circuits!  So that makes me happy!








No comments:

Post a Comment