Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Microscope Day at Declo Elementary

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Microscope Day at Declo Elementary

Yesterday I taught all the 3rd and 4th grade students at Declo Elementary about microscopes.  Thanks to grant money from INBRE to CSI, we were able to purchase scopes, cases, and slides for science outreach, and this is how we use them!  The kids kept saying, "Cool" and "This is awesome!" and "Can we come back at lunch?"  Thanks to a supportive principal, teachers, and a good friend who helped to refocus 7 microscopes for 4 hours!  I am grateful that I am able to bring something different to schools when I visit.  The time I spend with my kids and their friends is always worth it!



Ellie kept sneaking out of class to check out what Mom was up to...




No comments:

Post a Comment