Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Update: Paul Elementary School Science Fair

Friday, March 9, 2012

Update: Paul Elementary School Science Fair





Here is the link to the newspaper article about the event...I loved how the Superintendent and School board members came to judge.  That has given me an idea!!

What a fun day in Paul!  I judged at least 100 great projects, and I saw some great ideas.  The kids did a good job of including all the important parts of a project, but most importantly, they were creative and excited to tell me about their experience.  Hard to pick a favorite, but there were some original projects about magnets, seeds, and even ammunition.  I liked how one student took the basic Diet Coke and Mentos experiment and decided to test the temperature of the soda to see which bottle shoots higher.  Warm, by the way, which disproved his hypothesis.  One girl wanted to know what liquids rust a penny, and learned the difference between rusting and corrosion.  So good job to all the 4th and 5th graders at Paul Elementary.  Now go submit your project THIS WEEKEND to the virtual science fair at Parenting.com.  Deadline is March 11, and the grand prize is $5000~Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment