Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Update: Frozen Planet on Discovery Channel Tonight

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Update: Frozen Planet on Discovery Channel Tonight

(Well...I obviously don't read TV Guide.  When the Discovery Channel bought the series for American television, they replaced Sir David with Alec Baldwin.  Hmmm.  I am disappointed that they think we need a celebrity to tell us about the environment, but the footage is still amazing.  I will be buying the BBC version.) 

I have loved the beautiful cinematography and compelling stories in the recent documentaries like Planet Earth, Life, and now Frozen Planet.  I have listened to David Attenborough throughout my life, who did an amazing job on "The Private Life of Plants," among many other favorite shows of mine.
http://www.davidattenborough.co.uk/

"You knew what to expect before you switched on the telly. Extraordinary footage of natural wonders overlaid with swelling strings and that marvellous knowledgeable whisper. At first glance, Frozen Planet, the latest epic David Attenborough documentary series on BBC One, is nothing new: what it is, however, is brilliant."


So tune in tonight and every Sunday night for the next 6 weeks to see and hear another great nature documentary by BBC, narrated by the one and only David Attenborough.

No comments:

Post a Comment